Friday, June 19, 2009

Star Trek, the movie

OK, so I know that they are trying to get a new generation of viewers but they killed off Kirk's dad and Spock's mom, thus bringing them closer? I like the way things were and the novel by William Shatner with Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens, Star Fleet Academy, was better. With so many changes in the new movie, I think they will lose some loyal fans in their desperate attempt to resuscitate this franchise. I guess it gives them all kinds of new possibilities and they could even go back in time again and straighten out the timelines but they had Spock the elder meet Spock the younger. Whoa, that should have ended the universe right there. Oh well.

2 comments:

Maeve Maddox said...

I was disappointed. The Roddenberry vision has been replaced in this film with the X-men, Batman mentality.

timboscifi said...

Maeve, I think you are exactly right. The whole new way of telling these stories is to abandon the past and make up some new myths, almost as if the old audience who loved these stories is dead and gone.