Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"The Winter Market," by William Gibson

OK, so I am not sure that I got this one at all. I admire Gibson's imagination and his talent but often after I finish one of his works I scratch my head and feel like some inferior creature for not getting it, for not being a fan like all the cool people who read and admire him and give him rewards. All I can really remember from the story, and I just read it, is that this guy likes this model and can't get away from her all because, as the introduction in the anthology goes, "he suggests that people who know exactly what they want can be a little frightening--particularly if they need you to get it for them." Lise is this artist he has an experience with through dreams and technology when he should be professional and just working with her. I might re-read it to try to get it and I might not.

No comments: